HEALTH RULES AND TRAVEL INSURANCE
The passenger is obliged to get information from the relevant health institution and to oblige with the health regulations for traveling in a particular country (the need for vaccine or a health document).In case of a disease or an accident during the utilization of the arrangement, the medical expenses or eventual medical interventions are paid by the passenger. Because of this we recommend the passengers to make a policy for Passenger's insurance at the Insurance Company, that can be paid at the agency.
LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE AND RULES
• A maximum of 2 pieces of luggage (suitcases, bags and packages 70x80x20 cm with a total maximum of 30 kilos) per passenger will be accepted for carriage. Children and Infants are allowed to carry 1 piece of luggage with a total maximum of 15 kilos.
• The cover for Emergency costs, baggage and medical costs is only valid during the time that the insured travels by Bashkim Tours coach. For the definitive terms and conditions and insured amounts, check with agency representative.
ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO
When travelling from one EU country to another, you can take tobacco and alcohol products with you for personal use, but not for resale.
Under EU law, you do not have to prove the goods are for your personal use if you are carrying less than::
• 800 cigarettes • 1 kg of tobacco • 90 litres of wine (including a maximum of 60 litres of sparkling wines) • 110 litres of beer. EU countries may limit the number of cigarettes you can bring with you from certain other EU countries which do not yet charge the minimum level of excise duty. This limit cannot be lower than 300 cigarettes. These rules do not apply for travellers under 17 years old, who are not allowed to carry alcohol or tobacco in any amounts.
If you want to travel between EU countries with 10 000 euros or more in cash or the equivalent in another currency, you must check with the customs authorities in the countries you are leaving, entering and passing through whether you must declare it. If you plan to enter or leave the EU with 10 000 euros or more in cash (or its equivalent in other currencies) you must declare it to the customs authorities.
If you are a non-EU national wishing to visit or travel within the EU, you will need a passport: • valid for at least 3 months after the date you intend to leave the EU country you are visiting, • which was issued within the previous 10 years, Border officials in EU countries may ask for other supporting documents such as an invitation letter, proof of lodging, return or round-trip ticket. There are a number of countries whose nationals do not need a visa to visit the EU for three months or less. Macedonia belongs to this group.
ACCIDENTS – COMPENSATION AND ASSISTANCE
If you are injured in a bus accident during a long-distance journey (more than 250 km), you are entitled to compensation covered by Insurance policy. In case of death, compensation can be claimed by your dependents. Where necessary, the carrier will also provide immediate assistance: first aid, food, clothes, transport and accommodation.
Bus travel is one of the safest modes of transportation. We take the safety of our customers seriously.
Our bus fleet is kept in top operating condition and we ensure that only the most qualified drivers are permitted behind the wheel. Drivers are required to complete extensive driver training courses and are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
TIMETABLE CHANGES/ DELAYS / CANCELLATIONS
• Departure and arrival times should be read in local time. Bashkim Tours accepts no liability for any delays to the journey and/or losses incurred by the passenger as a consequence thereof. Bashkim Tours and/ or its foreign representatives are entitled at any time to change the schedule. Passengers must ascertain whether a change in departure time has been made 48 hours before the stated departure time. Bashkim Tours declines any responsibility if the passenger refused to provide contact information with the booking or if the contact information is incorrect.
• Bashkim Tours has the right at any time to cancel the journey due to threat or presence of war, armed conflicts, terrorist attacks, blockades, strikes, bad weather conditions, social unrest, and technical malfunctions on the coach or any other circumstances that could impede the journey. The fare will be refunded for the cancelled portion of the journey.